Professional Services Automation (PSA) tools are sophisticated software solutions that Managed Service Providers (MSPs) leverage to streamline their fundamental operations, encompassing everything from project management and billing to customer relations. The top-tier PSA tools on the market offer functionalities such as effective ticketing systems, project accounting, comprehensive reporting, and seamless CRM integration. To aid you in choosing the ideal tool, we have conducted thorough assessments of various PSA software options.
1. HaloPSA: The best overall option for combining pricing and automation capabilities (30-day free trial).
2. DeskDay: The world’s first chat-based PSA tool for MSPs, excelling in advanced features, pricing, and user experience (14-day free trial).
3. Atera: The top choice for simple and flexible pricing models (30-day free trial).
4. SuperOps: Outstanding for its advanced ticketing system (21-day free trial).
5. Syncro: Preferred for its user-friendly setup and operation (14-day free trial).
6. ConnectWise PSA: The best in terms of core functionalities and compatibility (contact for trial details).
Continue reading to explore the unique offerings, features, and pricing of each solution.
Note: All listed prices are based on a one-year commitment unless specified otherwise.
HaloPSA stands out as a comprehensive Service Desk solution, offering essential features like ticketing systems and SLA (Service Level Agreement) tracking capabilities expected from a top-tier PSA (Professional Services Automation) system. What sets it apart is its cloud-based infrastructure, enabling seamless device management across any location worldwide via the internet.
– SLA Management: Ensures that service levels are met, enhancing customer satisfaction.
– Ticketing: Streamlines issue tracking and resolution, making it easier to manage customer requests.
– Activity Reporting: Offers insights into service operations, helping to improve efficiency and decision-making.
Developed by Halo Service Solutions, the creators of HaloITSM and Halo Service Desk, HaloPSA is engineered to integrate effortlessly with third-party RMM (Remote Monitoring and Management) tools, such as N-able N-central, Atera, and NinjaOne. This integration is particularly beneficial for businesses utilizing these RMM solutions, as it enriches their ticketing capabilities without causing service overlap.
The platform features a user-friendly web-based self-service portal, which includes a knowledge base to help users resolve common issues independently and a ticket submission form for more complex problems. This portal not only empowers users by enabling them to track their ticket status online but also streamlines the resolution process through efficient ticket routing algorithms. Managers have the flexibility to manually adjust ticket routing, merge tickets, or assign them to multiple technicians, ensuring that each ticket is handled by the most qualified personnel.
Moreover, HaloPSA’s advanced Problem Management and Change Management modules facilitate the identification and resolution of systemic issues, further enhancing its capability as a development project management tool.
HaloPSA is especially suited for businesses seeking a robust PSA solution that includes ticketing. With many RMM providers now offering ticketing services, HaloPSA provides a distinct advantage for MSPs (Managed Service Providers) needing a dedicated ticketing system outside of their RMM package.
– SLA management ensures the monitoring and achievement of ticket resolution targets.
– Capable of managing IT assets across multiple sites, with an option for automatic asset discovery.
– Lacks a multi-tenant architecture, which may be a limitation for some businesses.
DeskDay introduces a groundbreaking approach to professional services automation (PSA) for MSPs, emphasizing a chat-based ticketing system designed to enhance IT support with a personal touch. For the MSP industry that has been shackled by dated PSA tools, DeskDay PSA break the chain and brings a breath of innovation.
Key offerings include a service desk for real-time tech-customer interaction, intelligent timesheet tracking, comprehensive reporting tools, project management with real-time monitoring, a unique quality assurance framework, streamlined billing processes, instant outage and update announcements, and UltiMate, an end-user application tailored for end-user IT needs. DeskDay’s PSA platform is designed to improve customer satisfaction and profitability through efficient, quality-assured services.
Key Features at a Glance:
– Chat-based Ticketing System: Facilitatie direct, real-time communication, ensuring a more personal and efficient support experience.
– Automated Timesheet Tracking and Detailed Reporting: Streamlines the monitoring of work hours and productivity, offering insightful reports for better service desk management and decision-making.
– Advanced Project Management with Real-Time Updates: Empowers teams with tools for meticulous planning and execution like chat and milestones, complemented by live updates for seamless project progression.
– Quality Assurance for Service Desk: Implements rigorous quality control measures to uphold service standards, enhancing customer satisfaction and trust.
– Streamlined Billing: Simplifies the invoicing and payment process, integrating contracts and recurring invoices, for clarity and ease of management.
– Instant Notifications for Outages and Updates: Keeps teams and customer users informed with immediate alerts, ensuring prompt response to any issues or changes.
– UltiMate, an End-User App Focused on IT Service Accessibility: Offers users a comprehensive platform exclusively for end-users to access IT services, enhancing convenience and efficiency in addressing their needs.
Developed for MSPs by an MSP partner who has been working with the industry for a decade, DeskDay is born as an answer to the age old challenges MSPs has been facing for a really long time.
Bringing in multiple innovations through the world’s first chat-based PSA featuring instant chat, quality assurance, announcements and an end-user application, UltiMate, what distinguishes DeskDay is its innovative fusion of traditional and novel features.
DeskDay extends its reach beyond conventional methods by empowering both MSPs and customer users by integrating with multiple user touchpoints such as mobile apps, email, and MS Teams app, ensuring versatile and consistent customer communication.
Ideal for MSPs across the spectrum, DeskDay tailors to every scale with its flexible pricing and robust service suite. It’s especially appealing for startups and expanding businesses, offering scalable solutions to meet evolving needs, with key tools for seamless ticketing, project management and billing.
–Built-in lite CRM: A comprehensive hub for managing customer and user data that is intuitive and easily accessible for subsequent features like announcement.
–Team management: Multiple user hierarchy to manage permissions and team’s activities, assignments, and productivity within DeskDay.
– Democratizing PSA for MSPs: DeskDay’s per-tech pricing model levels the playing field, offering one man MSPs access to advanced tools and functions comparable to large MSPs, at a price that’s easy on their budget.
– Scalable services to support business growth: As your business evolves, so do your service needs. These scalable solutions adapt to your changing requirements, ensuring you always have the support you need.
-Prefer a longer trial period to explore all features
-Broadening the scope of the UltiMate app to encompass a wider range of IT services
Atera stands out as an all-encompassing solution for IT departments and Managed Service Providers (MSPs) by offering a unified platform that seamlessly integrates Professional Services Automation (PSA) and Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) capabilities. This unique approach ensures subscribers have access to a comprehensive suite of tools necessary for the efficient and effective management of their businesses.
– Unified PSA and RMM Integration: Enjoy the convenience of having both PSA and RMM functionalities within a single platform, eliminating the need for separate subscriptions or software solutions.
– Subscription Per Technician: Tailor your subscription based on the size of your team, providing a cost-effective solution that grows with your business.
– Team Management: Effortlessly manage your team’s activities, assignments, and productivity.
– Customer Relationship Management: Strengthen client relationships with built-in CRM tools designed to enhance communication and service delivery.
Atera’s integrated approach means MSPs no longer need to juggle multiple software solutions for RMM and PSA. This cloud-based platform is a one-stop-shop, offering a blend of RMM, PSA, and security modules critical for servicing clients effectively. Atera shines for startups and small MSPs, offering a complete toolkit without the hassle of piecing together different software components. The platform’s subscription model is straightforward, with no contracts or deposits, enabling quick and easy startup for new MSPs. Onboarding is a breeze, thanks to Atera’s capability to swiftly inventory a new client’s network and devices, aiding in accurate and efficient service proposals.
Atera is ideal for a wide range of users, from individual techs to large teams, thanks to its scalable per-technician pricing mode. The integrated PSA features, including a Help Desk ticketing system and tools for technicians, mean that MSPs can avoid the complexity and expense of assembling a patchwork of software solutions.
–Cloud-Based Efficiency: A lightweight, cloud-based platform that ensures accessibility and ease of use.
– Designed for MSPs: Includes built-in RMM and PSA tools, specifically tailored for the needs of MSPs.
– Automation and Scripting: Facilitates service automation for clients (multi-tenant) and comes with a script library for quick implementation.
– Scalability: Suitable for businesses of all sizes, from solo technicians to large teams.
– Multi-Tenant Features: While highly beneficial for larger organizations, smaller MSPs may find they do not fully utilize the multi-tenant capabilities.
SuperOps’ comprehensive software suite empowers Managed Service Providers (MSPs) with cutting-edge tools designed to streamline operations and enhance service delivery. This robust package includes a dynamic Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) system, engineered to support technicians in efficiently managing clients’ systems. Complementing this, their Professional Services Automation (PSA) suite offers a holistic approach to managing the various facets of your MSP business.
– Service Desk: A central hub for managing support tickets, ensuring efficient resolution of client issues.
– Project Management: Tools to oversee projects from inception to completion, optimizing task allocation and tracking progress.
– Client Management: A comprehensive system for maintaining detailed client records, contracts, and communication logs, facilitating personalized service delivery.
– Workflow Automation and Technician Scripts: Streamline repetitive tasks and procedures, allowing your team to focus on delivering exceptional service.
– Integrated RMM: A seamless connection with our RMM platform, enhancing operational efficiency and response times.
SuperOps stands out for its versatile offering, combining both PSA and RMM capabilities into a cohesive platform. Whether opted as standalone solutions or as a bundled package, SuperOps caters to the complete spectrum of MSP operational needs. The platform is meticulously designed to manage the workload of a technical team, organizing tasks and streamlining service requests through customizable runbooks. Each technician gains access to a personalized dashboard, offering insights into task assignments, progress, and pending actions.
SuperOps is the go-to choice for MSPs of all sizes, thanks to its scalable pricing and comprehensive service offerings. Startups and growing MSPs will particularly benefit from the ability to adjust their plan according to their needs, ensuring they have access to essential client management and invoicing tools.
– Tailored plans ranging from freelancers to enterprise-level MSPs.
– Flexible contract creation and management with an intuitive interface.
– Built-in search functionality for quick access to agreements and information.
– A more extended trial period could enhance user experience.
Syncro stands out as a comprehensive SaaS solution tailored for managed service providers (MSPs), encapsulating both Professional Services Automation (PSA) and Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) functionalities into one seamless package. This platform is a boon for small MSPs and startups, acting as a turnkey MSP business solution. With its per-user pricing model, Syncro democratizes access to high-level tools and functions, allowing even solo technicians to offer services on par with those of large corporations, all without the burden of hefty initial investments.
– Ticketing System: Customize your ticketing interface to meet the unique needs of your clients and streamline operations for your technicians and managers.
– Efficient Contract and SLA Management: Keep on top of your service level agreements and contracts with ease, ensuring compliance and satisfaction.
– Integrated Time-Tracking and Billing: Automatically log technician hours and streamline billing processes, saving time and reducing errors.
Syncro’s offering is comparable to solutions like Atera, yet stands out with its singular, technician-based subscription plan. This plan not only covers essential PSA and RMM functions but also extends to remote access capabilities and includes tools for customer relationship management, and contract and SLA oversight. The platform’s ticketing system is particularly noteworthy. It starts as a customizable template, allowing you to set up and tailor it according to your business requirements, from capturing tickets via web forms and email to facilitating direct communication between technicians and clients through a chat function.
Syncro excels in automating ticket routing, offering versatility in ticket management – be it merging, splitting, or categorizing tickets based on their nature. Moreover, its team management features provide leaders with a comprehensive overview of task allocations, ticket statuses, and individual technician performance metrics, aligning ticket progress with SLA targets and automating timesheet and billing processes.
Syncro is the solution for any MSP looking for a ready-to-deploy software suite that bridges the gap between PSA and RMM needs. It’s particularly beneficial for new MSPs aiming to hit the ground running without the hassle of piecing together different software solutions or bearing upfront software costs.
– Automated Task and Team Management: Enhances efficiency and accountability within your team.
– SLA Compliance Monitoring and Alerts: Keeps your services in line with agreed standards.
– Custom Branding: Offers the ability to personalize interfaces with your MSP’s branding.
– Lacks an On-Premises Option: Being fully hosted, Syncro may not suit those looking for on-premises deployments.
ConnectWise stands out in the realm of professional services automation (PSA) and remote monitoring and management (RMM) with its comprehensive offerings: Manage for PSA and Automate for RMM. These components are ingeniously designed to work in unison, ensuring a fluid exchange of data across the platform. ConnectWise caters to a wide array of needs by providing a cloud-based solution, while also accommodating businesses that prefer on-premises deployment, allowing them to install the software on their servers.
– Efficient Ticketing System: Streamlines issue tracking and resolution.
– Comprehensive Billing and Contracts Management: Simplifies financial operations and contract oversight.
– Robust Sales and Marketing Tools: Empowers sales and marketing efforts with integrated solutions.
ConnectWise Manage isn’t just another tool in the toolbox; it’s the cornerstone of the ConnectWise suite, designed to integrate seamlessly with ConnectWise Automate and other ConnectWise offerings. This synergy enhances the Manage package, which stands out with its unique procurement module—a rare find in the PSA landscape. The suite’s core encompasses CRM, Help Desk functionalities, and streamlined billing processes.
At the heart of ConnectWise Manage is an advanced help desk ticketing system that not only facilitates team coordination but also generates detailed timesheets directly linked to the billing module. Its contract management capabilities excel in handling Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and monitoring objectives via the help desk’s performance metrics, exemplifying ConnectWise’s prowess in fostering efficient information exchange and system interconnectivity.
Businesses looking for a comprehensive PSA solution that integrates effortlessly with RMM tools will find ConnectWise Manage particularly appealing. Although it’s compatible with various RMM solutions, sourcing your software suite from ConnectWise can significantly streamline data integration and operational efficiency.
– Customizable Interface: Tailor-made templates for individuals or teams enhance user experience.
– Seamless Remote Access: Facilitates easy access to endpoints via multiple protocols, ensuring efficient remote support.
– Automation and Troubleshooting: Supports advanced automation and remote troubleshooting capabilities without disrupting user sessions.
– Ready-to-Use Commands: Offers over 100 pre-configured commands and templates for immediate deployment.
– Extended Trial Period Desired: Users may benefit from a longer trial period to fully explore the platform’s capabilities.
– System Requirements: The on-premises version requires installation on Windows Server, a consideration for businesses evaluating deployment options.